How much does college cost?
College costs vary widely based on the type of school you attend.
Types of costs you should consider are:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Equipment and room materials
- Books and supplies
- Personal expenses
Below are examples of average estimated national undergraduate budgets
- Public two-year in-district: $3,770 tuition and fees;
- Public four-year in-state on-campus $10,260 tuition and fees;
- Public four-year out-of-state on-campus: $27,020 tuition and fees;
- Private nonprofit four-year on-campus: $37,650 tuition and fees;
Source: The College Board, Annual Survey of Colleges.