What if my circumstances change?

If you experience a change in circumstances -- such as a job loss, an illness, a divorce, or a death in the family -- contact your college's financial aid office. They may review your file to determine whether you qualify for more financial aid.

Keep in mind that a change in income, family status or household size may impact your financial aid eligibility. You may find that your aid changes from one year to the next.

If you are in repayment on a student loan you must keep your lender or lender servicer aware of any changes in your circumstances, including job loss, illness, inability to pay, and changes to your contact information (permanent address or phone number).